Alpha In Depth report: North Korea's Proliferation and Illicit Procurement Apparatus
An in-depth report prepared by Project Alpha on the North Korean entities responsible for the country's proliferation, sanctions-busting and illicit procurement activities.
This 200+ page report, North Korea’s Proliferation and Illicit Procurement Apparatus, characterises in forensic detail the complex architecture that North Korea uses to evade sanctions. It is the first publicly-available study to describe in depth each DPRK entity known or strongly suspected to be involved in Pyongyang’s UN-prohibited weapons selling, luxury goods smuggling, and WMD-related procurement and proliferation activity.
The report is aimed at counter-proliferation professionals, policy agencies and enforcement authorities who are seeking unclassified, open source information and analysis that can help them better understand North Korea’s global sanctions-busting networks.
North Korea’s Proliferation and Illicit Procurement Apparatus contains:
• Detailed profiles of more than 50 key entities at the core of the DPRK’s prohibited activities – with summaries of their senior personnel; proliferation or procurement activities; civil interests in the North Korean economy; subsidiaries and affiliates; and shipping and financial interests.
• Analysis of North Korea’s export capabilities and procurement requirements for UN-prohibited goods (weapons, WMD-related technology and luxury items).
• A typology of the North Korean entities involved in illicit activity.
• Analysis of North Korea’s use of maritime and air transport methods, with detailed cases from the 1990s to the present.
• A tabular comparison of US, EU, Japanese and ROK sanctions designations of more than 250 North Korean entities, for quick comparison across sanctions regimes.
The report is fully referenced with more than 800 footnotes citing authoritative sources, including UN Security Council, European Council and United States sanctions, as well as UN Panel of Experts reporting, DPRK commercial information and other materials.
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
The following conditions apply to purchases of the report, in addition to the terms and conditions of the King's College London E-Store.
An electronic copy of the report in PDF format will be supplied to the purchaser, allowing unlimited reproduction, distribution and printing rights within the purchaser's nominated department/agency.
An electronic copy of the report in PDF format will be supplied to the purchaser, allowing unlimited reproduction, distribution and printing rights within the purchaser's nominated company.
One printed copy of the report will be supplied to the purchaser with no further reproduction permitted.