Greek Society in the Making 1863-1913. Realities, Symbols and Visions
Edited by Philip Carabott, King's College London
Centre for Hellenic Studies Publications ISBN 0860786129
Free Delivery. Delivered within 14 days by Royal Mail standard service.
1. Class structure and class antagonism in late nineteenth-century Greece /Christos Hadziiossif
2. Social solidarity on the periphery of the Greek kingdom: the case of the Workers' Fraternity of Corfu /Grigoris Psallidas
3. 'All for one and one for all': anarchists, socialists and demoticists in the Labour Centre of Volos (1908-1911) /Lito Apostolakou
4. Ioannis A. Valaoritis: the life of a typical Greek nineteenth-century bourgeois? /Helen Gardikas Katsiadakis
5. The excavations at Olympia, 1868-1881: an episode in Greco-German cultural relations /Suzanne Marchand
6. The nation and the individual: social aspects of life and death in Greece (1896-1911) /George Margaritis
7. Social gatherings and Macedonian lobbying: symbols of irredentism and living legends in early twentieth-century Athens /Basil C. Gounaris
8. Literacy and unredeemed peasants: late nineteenth-century rural Crete faces education / Kallia Kalliataki Merticopoulou.
9. Illusions and realities at the end of the nineteenth century: an attempt to construct a railway line on the island of Syros /Christos Loukos
10. Voluntary associations and new forms of sociability: Greek sports clubs at the turn of the nineteenth century /Christina Koulouri
11. Feminist awareness and Greek women writers at the turn of the century: the case of Kallirroe Parren and Alexandra Papadopoulou /Maria Anastasopoulou
12. Secularization and the Greek Orthodox Church in the reign of King George I /Vasilios N. Makrides
13. The changing language of political contention in the era of King George I /Katerina Gardikas Alexander
14. Regularization and resistance: urban transformations in late nineteenth-century Greece /Eleni Bastea.
In case of query, please contact: